welcome To The One Thimble Blog
During her testing for the Firefly dress for Issue 4 Kristie from BOO! Designs asked her testers to make a “pimped”version to show the versatility of this pattern. Some of her testers have agreed to share their “How to’s” for their Pimped Firefly’s with us!
First up we have Tina from Damsels and Dragons.
Her Firefly – Firefly was a real standout for me! Check out the Firefly embroidery on the bodice – so so so cool!
So how’d she do it?
* Instead of ruffles Tina used ric rac trim along the front panel.
* She used the bodice front lining panel for the outer and lining so she would have enough room for the embroidered firefly jar.
* She also closed the back skirt panel in instead of having buttons all the way down.
* Instead of having a square neckline with bias she reshaped it to a curve and used a thinner bias tape.
|Next time we’ll have Steph from Owl & I talking us through her version of the Firefly.If you haven’t already be sure to pick up your copy of the Firefly dress
* as a Single PDF HERE
* or as part of Issue 4 HERE
and check out more BOO! Designs patterns HERE