welcome To The One Thimble Blog
We’re having our first #Love2SewOT Competition between now & 8th July. It’s a great excuse to try something new, have some fun and sew up your One Thimble patterns!
With 4 categories and prizes from 14 businesses
there’s plenty of reasons to come sew with us!
How to Enter:
1. Sew an outfit or project using
- TWO (2) patterns or
- ONE (1) pattern + ONE (1) article or
- TWO (2) articles
from any issue of One Thimble Digital Sewing Magazine as inspiration.
You can choose from the same issue or from two different issues.
You can mash the patterns, adapt them or use them straight.
You can even use more than two patterns/articles if you’re feeling super keen!
- Twist shift from Issue 2 with handmade bias binding using the instructions included in Issue 7.
- Urbanite Pants from Issue 4 with Traveller Tee from Issue 4.
- Sweet Charlotte Quilt from Issue 2 with Down the Rabbit Hole Applique from Issue 7
- My Busy Felt Book from Issue 7 using the hand applique tips from Issue 6
If you’ve got any questions just ask at email@example.com
2. Send a photograph of your finished project and a brief description of your project (including what patterns/articles you used, from which issue and the story behind your project) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 6pm AEST 8th July 2015.
3. Entries will be added to an album on the One Thimble Facebook page & shared on the One Thimble Blog. You can share your finished project on instagram/facebook using the #Love2SewOT (optional).
4. BONUS: WORK IN PROGRESS COMPETITION. Post a picture of your work in progress on instagram or facebook using the #Love2SewOTWIP before 24th June 2015 to enter.
Categories & Prizes
WORK IN PROGRESS PRIZE (entries close 24th June 2015)
- Criteria: Most intriguing WIP
- Prize: Sewline Scissors Gift Pack (RRP: $AUD82.50) donated by BOO! Designs
MOST ORIGINAL PRIZE (entries close 8th July 2015)
- Criteria: Most original or unexpected use of the patterns/articles from One Thimble Digital Sewing Magazine.
MOST INSPIRING PRIZE (entries close 8th July 2015)
- Criteria: Not necessarily the most accomplished project but the one with the most inspiring story.
JUDGES FAVOURITE PRIZE (entries close 8th July 2015)
- Criteria: The project that best reflects One Thimble’s aims.
Conditions of Entry
- Your project must be sewn by you between 10th June and 8th July 2015 using two articles/patterns included in One Thimble Digital Sewing Magazine Issue 1-7 as inspiration.
- By entering you agree that the picture of your project may be shared as part of the promotion for the competition (feel free to watermark your entry).
- You may enter as many times as you like but each entry must be for a new project and must use two articles/patterns included in One Thimble Issue 1-7 as inspiration. Chance plays no part in the competition – entering more than once does not increase your odds of winning.
- Winners will be chosen by the judging panel (Jen Kennedy, Alison Hally and Elaine Brown) using the criteria detailed above.
- Winning entrants will be notified via email to the email address their entry came through from on the 15th July 2015. Except for the #Love2SewOTWIP winner who will be contacted via their social media account on the 26th June 2015. Winning entrants must reply within 72 hours in order to accept their prize or new winners will be chosen.
- Entry is open to Australian and International participants over 18 years.
- The judges decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Void where prohibited by law.