welcome To The One Thimble Blog
Last week I saw a thread on facebook where people were talking about the troubles they had keeping their PDF patterns straight. I was nodding along, when suddenly it occurred to me that I had the perfect contact to help me solve this problem – Nerissa from Spreadsheek Geek.
Nerissa has written articles on “Excelling at your bookwork” for Issue 6 and Issue 7 of One Thimble. I just love how she’s got a way of making Excel make sense!
Nerissa took this challenge and has come up with two spreadsheets which you can download for FREE, fill out and use to help make keeping your PDF patterns in order a total breeze!
PC / full version
- This version contains macros (the autosort buttons). The macros will work in excel.
- They won’t work on ipads & tablets & possibly some free spreadsheets. But if you find the macros/spreadsheet isn’t working, you can still use the ipad/light version (see version two below).
- The first sheet has some instructions so you can learn how to use the features.
- On the second sheet you can enter your pattern details (it comes preloaded with the patterns from Issue 7 so you can have a play right away.)
- Once you’ve entered in the details for your patterns you’ll be able to sort your patterns by pattern name, designer, type (eg dress, shirt, shorts etc), size range and wearer (baby, boy, girl, womens etc).
- There’s also a column where you can add in extra data that you like to have at a glance.
- You can then add hyperlinks so clicking will take you directly to where you’ve saved that pattern on your computer.
- You can also add hyperlinks direct to the designers website so you can check out their latest offerings!
Version Two – DOWNLOAD IT HERE -> Pattern Directory – light version
Ipad / light version
- If anyone has issues with the above, they will be able to use this one with no issues.
- It doesn’t have the macros so you can’t sort the patterns or add hyperlinks, but its a handy place to keep track of what patterns you have!
I hope you find these spreadsheets to be a game changer! Let me know what you think below or in the One Thimble Sewing Enthusiasts group on facebook!
And don’t forget if you purchase an issue of One Thimble Digital Sewing Magazine you can request to have access to the patterns from that issue separately as well as as part of the issue e-zine!
Just send me an email to email@example.com letting me know you’d like the patterns separate. So that I can help you, make sure to let me know your account name on this new website (so I can add your single PDF’s to your account – they’re free to set up), what issue you’d like the patterns separate for, and proof of purchase (if you don’t have your receipt number let me know the email address it would’ve been purchased under and the approximate date of purchase and I can look it up for you).
(ps Nerissa has written us another blog post explaining how to add extra sortable columns to your spreadsheet. You can find that post HERE )